Information on the collection of personal data
1. In the following, we provide you with information on the collection of personal data when you use our website. Personal data are all data relating to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail address, user behaviour.
2. Responsible pursuant to Art. 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is GRS Global Renewables Shipbrokers GmbH, Stadthausbrücke 7, D-20355 Hamburg email@example.com. You can contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our postal address by adding “The Data Protection Officer / der Datenschutzbeauftragte” to the respective address as well as by phone +49 40 411 60 68 20 or via fax +49 40 411 60 68 99.
3. When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you supply (your e-mail address, and if appropriate your name and telephone number) are saved by us to answer your queries. We erase the data accumulated in this connection after storage is no longer necessary or we restrict the processing if statutory retention obligations exist.
4. If we employ contract service providers for individual functions or wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you about the respective operations in detail below.
1. You have the following rights in relation to us in terms of the personal data concerning you:
– Right of access
– Right to rectification or erasure
– Right to restriction of data use
– Right to object to the processing
– Right to data portability
2. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
Collection of personal data on a visit to our website
1. If you are merely using the website for purposes of information, hence if you do not register or transmit information to us by any other means, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to us. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data that we require on technical grounds in order to display our website to you and to ensure the stability and security (the legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) f GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of the request
– Difference in time zone to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Contents of the requests (specific page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Quantity of data transferred in each case
– Website from which the request comes
– Operating system and its user interface
– Language and version of the browser software
2. In addition to the previously mentioned data, cookies are also stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disc assigned to the browser you use and via which certain information flows to the location setting the cookie (in this case, to us). Cookies are unable to execute any programs on or transfer viruses to your computer. Their function is to make the Internet service as a whole more user-friendly and more effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and function of which are outlined in the following:
– Transient cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c)
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. They include, in particular, session cookies. The latter store what is called a session ID with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This enables your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predefined data, which may vary according to the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser setting to match your preferences and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. We wish to point out that you may not then be able to use all the functions of this website.
e) The Flash cookies used are not collected by your browser but by your Flash plug-in. Furthermore, we use HTML5 storage objects, which are deposited on your terminal device. These objects store the necessary data independently of the browser you use and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not want Flash cookies to be processed, you have to install a corresponding add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by setting the private mode in your browser. Moreover, we recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and the browser history manually.
Other functions and services of our website
1. In addition to the use of our website for purely informational purposes, we offer you various services that you may use if interested. To this end, you generally have to provide further personal data, which we use to supply the respective service and to which the previously mentioned principles on data processing apply.
2. To some extent, we make use of external service providers to process your data. They have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound to our instructions and undergo regular inspection.
3. If our service providers or partners are based in a state outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this situation in the description of the service offer.
Objection to or revocation of the processing of your data
1. If you have granted consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. Such a revocation affects the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have informed us accordingly.
2. Insofar as the processing of your personal data is based on the balancing of interests, you can lodge an objection to the processing. This is the case particularly if the processing is not necessary for fulfilling a contract with you, which we outline for each case in the following description of functions. If you exercise such an objection, we would be grateful if you could state the reasons why we should not process your personal data in the manner we have done. In the event of a justified objection, we will examine the situation and will either discontinue or adapt the data processing or demonstrate the compelling legitimate grounds on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
3. You can as a matter of course object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You may notify us of your objection to advertising by using the following contact data: GRS Global Renewables Shipbrokers GmbH, Stadthausbrücke 7, D-20355 Hamburg, email@example.com, phone: +49 40 411 60 68 20, fax: +49 40 411 60 68 99.
Promotional mailing of newsletter
When you purchase goods from us or make use of our services, we will send you informational e-mails for similar goods or services in the future. The sending of these e-mails takes place after completion of an order and by applying what is called the double opt-in procedure. This means we will not send you the informational e-mails unless you have previously confirmed your registration via a link contained in a confirmation e-mail sent to you. If you do not wish to receive any further such informational e-mails from us, you may request this at any time. To do so, please use the Newsletter-sign out-form on our website or use the link in the footer of each newsletter. You can also send your request by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the contact data provided under “Impressum” on our website.
Use of Google Analytics
1. This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how you use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will generally be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. However, when IP anonymization is activated on this website, your IP address will first be truncated by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory countries to the Treaty creating the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website in order to compile reports on website activity for the website operator and to provide other services relating to website and Internet usage.
2. The IP address transferred by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics will not be combined with other data from Google.
3. You may prevent the storing of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. Furthermore, you can prevent the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) from being collected and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
4. This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. As a result, IP addresses are processed in truncated form and cannot be traced to a specific person. Insofar as a personal link is attached to the data collected about you, it will therefore be excluded and the personal data thus erased immediately.
5. We use Google Analytics so as to be able to analyse the usage of our website and regularly improve the site. The statistics acquired allow us to improve our range of services and make their design more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data are transmitted to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 (1) f of the GDPR.
7. This website also uses Google Analytics for an analysis of visitor flows across different devices, which is carried out via a user ID. You can disable the cross-device analysis of your usage in your customer account, under “My Data”, “Personal Data”.
Use of social media plug-ins
1. We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Google+, Twitter, Xing, LinkedIn. We use what is called the two-click solution in this process. This means that when you visit our website no personal data will initially be forwarded to the supplier of the plug-in as a general principle. You will recognize the supplier of the plug-in by the marking on the box above its initial letters or via the logo. We give you the opportunity to communicate directly with the supplier of the plug-in via the button. Only if you click on the marked file and thus activated it, will the plug-in supplier be informed that you have called up the corresponding website of our online presence. In addition, the data mentioned under Section 3 of this statement will be transmitted. According to information from the respective suppliers, the IP address is anonymized immediately after collection in the case of Facebook and Xing. Activating the plug-in thus causes personal data about you to be transmitted to the respective plug-in supplier, where it is stored (in the USA in the case of US suppliers). As the plug-in supplier carries out the data collection via cookies in particular, we recommend that you delete all cookies via the security settings of your browser before clicking on the greyed-out box.
2. We have no influence on either the data collected and data processing operation nor are we aware of the full extent of data collection, the purposes of the processing or the storage periods. We also have no information on the erasure of the data collected by the plug-in supplier.
3. The plug-in supplier stores the data collected about you as usage profiles, which it uses for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. An evaluation such as this takes place especially (also for users who are not logged in) to present demand-oriented advertising and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the formation of these user profiles, although you have to contact the respective plug-in supplier to exercise this right. We offer you the opportunity to interact with the social networks and other users via the plug-ins so that we can improve our offering and structure it in a more interesting way for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6 (1) f of the GDPR.
4. Forwarding of the data takes place regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in supplier and are logged in there. If you are logged in with the plug-in supplier, the data collected from us will be attributed directly to your account with the plug-in supplier. If you press the activated button and, for example, link the page, the plug-in supplier also stores this information in your user account and publicly informs your contacts. We recommend that you regularly log out after using a social network, but especially before activating the button as this enables you to prevent any allocation to your profile with the plug-in supplier.
5. You can obtain further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and the processing thereof by the plug-in supplier in the privacy statements of these suppliers provided in the following. There you will also obtain further information on your rights in this regard and optional settings to protect your private sphere.